Friday, February 3, 2012

The Dreaded Lurgy *


My whole family has come down with a 'community virus' - whatever that means.  First A on Tuesday, then myself  and E yesterday and now my husband has finally fallen today.  It is rather dreadful - A is still suffering with high temps on day 4 although not as high as the start thankfully.  Miss E is still in very high temp land and so is dear husband now.  Despite how awful we are all feeling, and having all our plans and activities going by the wayside, I am very grateful that we are able to just hang around at home snuggled in front of a fireplace sipping soup and eating vegemite toast until we feel better (seriously though, how many episodes of House Hunters can HGTV run???).

* I know this phrase isn't well known here in the US but, especially for when my sisters read this, it actually came from The Goon Show in 1954.  I wonder if Dad knows that?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails